Wednesday, February 27, 2008

And the ridiculous item of the day is....

this incident that happened in Florida with the Nuclear power plant being shut down. I was at my grandparents eating lunch and they had the tv on FOX News. And my gosh they just kept going on and on about it like it was the most horrible thing ever. Oh yeah, 4 million without power in 70 degree weather is the all time worst disaster ever. I'd like to invite everyone that was down there up here next time we have an ice storm that knocks out power for a week in twenty degree weather. And yes, I did know that their was a tornado warning out. Does not having electricity prevent people from going to their basement/interior room? Sure wouldn't stop me. I'd be either outside looking for the tornado or in the basement. These people having their power out was unfortunate, don't get me wrong, but it's not the end of the world like FOX was preaching (or seemed to be). I don't know, maybe FOX just needed something else to talk about for a couple hours besides the Democratic debate that was going to be taking place.

Was anybody that watches NASCAR a little ticked with their decision making on Sunday? I'm a Junior (and then Gordon) fan and I was more than a little displeased that the way Denny Hamlin ran up the track to hit the wall wasn't evidence enough to the fact that they needed to take care of the "weeping" track. And if that wasn't bad enough, after they stopped racing because of the rain it took almost five hours for them to decide to postpone the race. I had been working on HW and was checking in from time to time and saw each time that they were still trying to get it in that night. Finally I thought they'd be going racing at 1 AM my time and that's when they decided to give up and postpone it. I'm sure that really set well with the fans that had probably been there twelve hours already and could've gone home seven hours earlier had NASCAR used a little more common sense.

So I'm still having trouble with the internet. I've about reached the end of my tether with this..... I cannot send emails on one address but can receive, I can't even get on my other address, and I have trouble with ESPN's website. I can do whatever I want on myspace long as I don't try to log in (kinda defeats the purpose of myspace though). Then I can't do anything. I want to call and give Comcast a piece of my mind but what can I say? I have some internet connection and so it won't matter to them.

When I'm really irked, nothing helps relieve tension more than by watching a good Looney Tunes cartoon (or say... twenty). I love Looney Tunes, grew up watching them. Seen most of them at least three times yet love them to pieces. I don't know what I would've done without Looney Tunes growing up. Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote cartoons were always my favorite followed by Bugs Bunny cartoons. I especially love it when Bugs and Daffy are together... Daffy thinks he just knows it all but Bugs gets him every time. Daffy learns too slow to catch on too. I think maybe my all time fav Bugs/Daffy cartoon is this one. And here's a Road Runner/Coyote one... I always loved that alternate intro's music (not that the one everybody has in their head isn't bad either)... I always knew it was a Road Runner cartoon then.

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 27, 2008 5:36:00 AM, Blogger Scottius Maximus said...

Angus!

I nominate Tony LaRussa wanting Barry Bonds as ridiculous item of the day.

I can't get the first cartoon link to work. Can you describe which one it is?

 
At Tuesday, March 11, 2008 5:28:00 PM, Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Happy birthday, Angus!

 
At Wednesday, March 12, 2008 11:45:00 AM, Blogger Rick said...

Happy Birthday, "Young" one.

 
At Thursday, March 13, 2008 7:42:00 PM, Blogger Angus G Van Halen said...

thanks for the birthday wishes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home