Monday, March 07, 2011

Music update

Alright, so I managed to make two blog posts not only within a year, but a month! I decided to update my old music playlists last week by making a new one. And its been quite easy to see just how much my music taste has changed in the past 2-3 years. Well, not so much changed... expanded would be a better word. I listen to pop, alternative rock, new rock, old metal, classical, some country, and the occasional hip-hop song (the ones that get played on top 40 stations) as well as all the stuff I've always liked. A lot of it has to do with work... whatever's playing in the kitchen you just get to listen to for 4-5 hours 3-4 times a week. So it slowly grows on you.

More so than the other playlists I've posted, I've tried to keep the playlist diverse. So I couldn't get carried away with putting too many songs with one band or genre. But it should come as no surprise that The Beatles had more appearances on there than anybody else. Here's the breakdown:

The Beatles - 4
Metallica, Muse, Taylor Swift, Lady GaGa - 3
Led Zeppelin, Foo Fighters, Airborne, Elton John, the Beach Boys - 2
Everybody else - 1

Now, I didn't feel like going through it very thoroughly to double check but if that's correct I'd say that's a much more diverse playlist than my past. I don't even have a Guns N' Roses song on there (although I have Velvet Revolver) and only one AC/DC song (which is my 3rd favorite band).

As far as genre breakdown goes, this gets a little more tricky. One band can encompass several genres. For example, back in the 60s the Beatles were considered several things at one point or another... pop, rock, psychedelic, hard rock, etc. And today, Taylor Swift is considered both country and pop. So this is going to be a bit tricky. To keep it at its most basic, I'm just going to go with rock, pop, alternative, metal, country, etc.

Rock - 27
Pop - 13
Alternative - 10
Metal - 7
Country - 4
Everything else - 3

Rock still has the most, but I did a better job of not letting it get out of hand.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 08, 2011 6:24:00 AM, Blogger Scottius Maximus said...

Angus!

When did you change your name?

And only 2 LZ songs, but you have 3 of others that shall remain nameless?

You need more sleep.

 
At Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:37:00 AM, Blogger Angus G Van Halen said...

I changed it last week. Updated to a more proper name reflecting my current favorite guitarists.

The "others" are all from soundtracks: James Bond, Imperial March, and Linus & Lucy.

 
At Tuesday, March 08, 2011 8:11:00 PM, Blogger Scottius Maximus said...

Angus!

Those weren't the others I was talking about. I meant Tyler Swift and Lady GoGo outdueling Led Zeppelin. Really?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home