Sunday, October 08, 2006

An introduction

So, as everybody can see, I haven't had a chance to change the look yet but hopefully I'll be able to soon. Hopefully....... So if I might be able to, please allow me to introduce myself. I am the son of Scottius Maximus and Lutheran Lucy. In the past, generally the anonymus person commenting on my parents blogs was me.



Thankfully though, I finally came up with a blog name, and a pretty good one I'd say. Here's what the name means.... "Angus" stands for Angus Young, the guitarist of the famed hard rock Australian group AC/DC. "G" stands for George Harrison, the guitarist from the most famous music group of all time the Beatles. And the "Van Halen" stands for yet another guitarist: Eddie Van Halen.




So now that we've been properly introduced, let me tell you some random things about myself:



I belong to a Lutheran church that is conserative in its teachings and (in the eyes of todays world) backwards and dull

I am a fan of the St. Louis Cardinals, the Chicago Bears, and Chevy drivers in NASCAR


I hate the Cubs, Packers, and most Ford/Dodge drivers in NASCAR


Mike Shannon and Joe Buck are the two best announcers in baseball and Tim McCarver is the worst


I am a big classic rock fan and some of my favorite groups include: The Beatles, AC/DC, Van Halen (GASP! what a shock considering my blog name is based around those three groups), the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Guns N Roses, and Queen


Jimi Hendrix is over rated but still a great guitarist


I like American cars best but especially Chevy's


I enjoy giving my mom a hard time and she has on occasion come up with some of the... shall we say, interesting sayings ever uttered on the face of the earth


I seem to be the only person in this city of mine that actually follows the speed limit


I am one of those people who set their alarm clocks ten minutes ahead of the actual time


Rush Limbaugh is the best talk-show host and Bill O'Reilly is over rated


Some consider me quite witty


The keyboard on my computer can do more things than the one that my dad has


I want a lightsaber, the color of green or blue (not sure which one I like better)


I like getting comments


I hate having short hair
I am an Arial person when it comes to fonts
I listen to the radio more than I watch tv

And that I believe is a fairly good description of me. I hope you all enjoy my blog... I will post things about everything but especially sports, music, and funny things. Todays world is far from a bright place and while that's probably a sign of the times I believe in being able to keep ourselves in a lighter mood as well. And hopefully this blog will accomplish this.

9 Comments:

At Monday, October 09, 2006 7:56:00 AM, Blogger Scottius Maximus said...

Angus!

Gee, your species usually aren't predators. Good move. I mean with the blog and all. Should be interesting.

 
At Monday, October 09, 2006 8:04:00 PM, Blogger TKls2myhrt said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Angus. You have pretty special parents, so it is not hard to imagine that you are smart and witty. I'm glad you chose Blogspot over MySpace! My two teens have MySpace, but they also have an annoying mother who checks up on them.

Good choice on the Beatles! Have you ever considered the music of ELO? They are considered to be the successors of the Beatles music, at least in the style that they were heading when they disbanded (earlier stuff before the dreaded disco era).

 
At Monday, October 09, 2006 8:24:00 PM, Blogger Angus G Van Halen said...

Thanks for the comments. Actually TK I do have a myspace and I am quite proud of it, however I always have my mom close to me whenever I get on.

I have heard of ELO and my dad has a couple of CD's but I haven't ever listened to anything except for Chuck Berry's 'Roll Over Beethoven'. It is interesting to note that Jeff Lynne produced the George Harrison solo album Cloud Nine as well as the "new" Beatles songs that they released in the mid '90's.

 
At Tuesday, October 10, 2006 9:59:00 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Angus,
Welcome to the blogging world! I must agree with your assessment of announcers. I'd have to add Joe Buck to my list of favs, though.

Looking forward to your upcoming posts!

 
At Tuesday, October 10, 2006 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Dan @ Necessary Roughness said...

Welcome to the UAC Blogosphere!

Such proud blogging heritage! Don't feel pressure to keep up with them, though.

We need more young men and women sinking their roots into the bedrock of the Gospel. Look forward to seeing your stuff.

My particular favorite guitarist is Slash. ;)

 
At Tuesday, October 10, 2006 2:04:00 PM, Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! You have been blessed with great parents!

ELO is a pretty fun band. If you ever watched the late-not-lamented TV show Airport, the theme song "Mr. Blue Sky" is from ELO.

 
At Tuesday, October 10, 2006 5:48:00 PM, Blogger Lutheran Lucy said...

Well, you finally got that name Angus in there, didn't you? :) This is a good post! :) I better behave because now you can really write about me!! :)

Thank you for your kind words TK, Dan, Barb, and Rebecca!

 
At Tuesday, October 10, 2006 10:14:00 PM, Blogger Rick said...

Angus,

Welcome to the blogosphere. I will stop by often.

I am partial to Slash, too.

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 4:13:00 PM, Blogger Angus G Van Halen said...

Wow thanks for all the comments everyone!
I will try to post often.. as of now I'm playing soccer everyday so it's kinda hard. Dan and Quipper.... I agree Slash is a mighty fine guitarist. I still prefer Angus over them all though ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home